Thanks For Victory (2019)
Teacher – Lisa Gunter
I Cor. 15:57 – “But THANKS be to God, which giveth us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ
Introduction: Giving thanks to God is very important to Him. Paul encourages us to give thanks to Him for the victory through Jesus Christ. Why give thanks to God? How has He given us victory? We will look at four things we should give Him thanks for. We also should be thankful for the Word of God which helps us to defend our Christian faith and to live a victorious Christian life through Jesus Christ.
Give Thanks for:
- From the Penalty of Sin – Romans 3:23, 4:15, 5:12-13, 20, 6:23
- For the Provision of Salvation – John 3:16; I Cor. 15:3-5
- For the Faith and Hope of the Believers – I Cor. 15:13-14, 18-1 9, 20-22
- For the Immortality of the Believers – I Cor. 15:51, 54-55
- In the Power of God – Eph. 6:10, I Cor. 2:3-5, Phil. 4:13
- With the Protection of God (Armour of God) – Eph. 6:11-18, I John 5:4-5, I Peter 5:8, Eph. 5:16, James 4:7
- Through the Message of Redemption – Eph. 2:16, Col.1:20, Heb. 2:17
- Through our Ministry of Reconciliation – II Cor. 4:1, 3-6, 5:18-21, 15:58
Conclusion: As Christians, we can have victory through Christ over the flesh, the world, and over Satan. Without Jesus Christ, we cannot do anything ourselves. With Him on our side, as our refuge and defence, we can face our enemies, and He can help us deal with our trials and tribulations if we trust Him wholeheartedly. Heeding to His commands, we, as Christian soldiers, are to be fruitful and righteous in our lives and to bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.